Movie Poster Blog

5.27.2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

When all else fails and the creative bug just isn't biting, remaking original classics seems to be the safest bet for movie studios looking to lure crowds into theaters world wide. Not everyone had the privilege to see the original Ocean's 11, featuring the ultra cool Rat Pack, or saw the little Volkswagen beetle Herbie tear down the track in an impossible race, or witnessed a society of gorillas and orangutan living together, riding horses and enslaving humans in the 1968 release of Planet of the Apes. Remaking these classics have proven immediate success for Production companies opting to take the easy road like their partners over at the Music Studios who have found fulfillment in re-mixing classic songs from the 70's and 80's.

I remember sitting in class in the late 1980's and reading aloud a chapter from a novel written by Roald Dahl. I had no clue at the time, being a 9 year old child that there was a movie out there that coincided with the book. It wasn't until I started working here that I regained interest in the Wonka franchise and actually went out to rent the 1971 release of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. When I heard that there was a new Johnny Depp poster coming in I was pretty excited, after all he is my favorite actor. As Willy Wonka, the obsessive, neurotic candy factory owner, it will be interesting to see how Depp molds the character originally played by Gene Wilder.




I guess it's not such a big deal that Production companies take ideas from generations past and market them to us today. They are classics for a reason, and if we loved these movies when we were younger, why shouldn't the next generations of young creative minds have the same opportunities we did. It is becoming increasingly difficult to see movies made before the 80's and if remaking them into big budget productions with tones of special effects and wardrobe sets is going to be the only way the youth of today will get to see them, then I for one am willing to forgive the studios for taking a few years off of creating original work.



11 Comments:

  • We are trying to find good free lesbian movie to take the kids this weekend. Good free lesbian movie reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:50 PM  

  • We are trying to find good movie trailer to take the kids this weekend. Good movie trailer reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:51 PM  

  • Nice Blog

    Best Wishes

    I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 AM  

  • Nice Blog for volkswagen jetta 2003

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 PM  

  • I would also check out 1995 jetta

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

  • I like your blog, I found it looking for radio blog club. Could you add it to my favourite blog directory please. It has lots of blogs relating to radio blog club

    By Blogger WDM Info Services, at 2:10 AM  

  • I like your blog, please list it on my favourite Blog Directory.

    It has lots of links to blog travestis blogs

    William MacDonald

    By Blogger WDM Info Services, at 3:13 PM  

  • nice blog enjoyed it :)

    Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
    !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

  • I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home