Movie Poster Blog

5.19.2005

Displaying your posters

Movie posters are a unique 20th century artform and making sure your poster looks its best up on the wall is of utmost importance to collectors. Classic style frames will always be the quickest and easiest way to display the prints, however, more stylish, professional and cheaper ways are soon becoming the standard for those who really want their film art to stand out.

My personal favorite method for exhibiting posters would be having them plax mounted. Unlike traditional frames, plax mounting your poster keeps an everlasting look that is glare free. This stylish alternative is easy to clean and is U.V. protected. All you need is either a sturdy nail or dry wall plug and screw (which comes included) and your poster transforms from just a piece of paper to a fine art piece.

I took a few pictures to demonstrate the clean stylish look of the plax mounting technique:




If you are looking for an in-expensive and interchangeable method for poster display, lightweight poster hangers may be what you're looking for. Many sizes and colors ensure that any poster you have will fit and blend nicely with the contour of the hanger edge. Weighted at the bottom, the hanger will hold your poster flat against the wall without having to pin or tape your poster which will cause damage and decrease the value.

Here is a size and color chart for our hangers:


Size (inches)

24 inch Black Deluxe
24 inch Chrome Deluxe
24 inch White Deluxe
27 inch Black Deluxe
27 inch Chrome Deluxe
27 inch Gold Deluxe
27 inch White Deluxe
36 inch Black Deluxe
36 inch White Deluxe
40 inch Black Deluxe
40 inch Chrome Deluxe
40 inch White Deluxe





A midway point between the plaxing and hangers is poster sleeves. Made of acrylic, the sleeves protect the posters from dirt and other nasty elements. If placed on the right wall, the poster will seamlessly blend against the wall, and with the added bonus of the "Now Showing" and "Coming Soon" slip that is included, your room will imitate a theater more so then if you use the simple hangers.


11 Comments:

  • I did not have time to read your intire blog, so please forgive me, but I wanted to take the opportunity to invite you to look at mine for a way to better manage our unwanted goods using these services biz encan and others like biz encan, thanks for reading me

    By Blogger Ayoye, at 6:39 PM  

  • We are trying to find good movie dvd video rental to take the kids this weekend. Good movie dvd video rental reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:51 PM  

  • We are trying to find good free big movie to take the kids this weekend. Good free big movie reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:52 PM  

  • Apparently, there are Narnia Events going on all over the country that are movie "sneek peeks". I just found some information at Narnia Resources

    By Blogger cslewisfan221, at 5:34 PM  

  • Nice Blog

    Best Wishes

    I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 AM  

  • Nice Blog

    Best Wishes

    I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:45 AM  

  • This blogstuff is great just looking around yours I have one too wedding garter website dedicated to wedding garter

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 PM  

  • great site about posters. come check out my posters site

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home