Movie Poster Blog

6.15.2005

Devils Rejects

I can't even imagine what it would take to be rejected by the devil. It's a good thing we have Rob Zombie to put it into images for us. When I agreed to see the first Rob Zombie movie House of 1000 Corpses in theatres, I wasn't sure what to expect. I have never been a big horror fan, I've seen my share of Freddy, Jason and Chucky Flicks. Most of these "scary movies" I find to be humorous. The supernatural never really made me feel the sense of fear, I know that ghouls and goblins aren't real and can't hurt me. The horror films that do produce the goosebumps on my arm and cause the hair on the back of my neck to stand are the ones that portrait real people, psychotic and estranged from the real world, living in the dark, preying on the innocent. Zombies, Vampires, Clawed beasts are all great characters but almost always get slayed in the end and everyone is happy. If you want to scare the bejesus out of me, you're going to have to make me think this could happen to me.




I thought I had seen the most gruesome imagery that could be shown in a movie theatre, but I guess Mr. Zombie still has the creativity and insight to freak us out. The House of 1000 Corpses poster features the house of torment, occupied by the family from hell. The advance style poster for Devils Rejects gives us a look at the main characters, seemingly based on the family that terrorized the innocent. The regular style poster is reminiscent of the Saw posters, dead limbs and a blood stained floor. I am lead to believe that there might be yet another style to come out.





4 Comments:

  • Your blog is great. It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about Movie Poster these days. I have a Movie Poster Exposed if you want to come check it out.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

  • We are trying to find good download movie file to take the kids this weekend. Good download movie file reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:51 PM  

  • Nice Blog

    Best Wishes

    I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 AM  

  • I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home