Movie Poster Blog

7.07.2005

Dark Water

The stunning Jennifer Connelly is currently in the spotlight, doing the circuit of talk shows trying to promote her new film Dark Water. It would seem that this film is a year late to come out. The mediocre success of modern day horror flicks has prompted the makers of "The Ring" to create yet another supernatural tale of haunting ghosts terrorizing the occupants of an old apartment. Suspense works on many levels, and the story line doesn't necessarily need to be entirely original for the special effects team to get their point across.





From the trailers, Dark Water seems to have all the same elements that made people jump in their seats for The Ring. I personally think that believing what you're seeing on screen is what is important for scare factor. The Japanese release of The Ring titled "Ringu" to me contained no more suspense then the Little Mermaid. A bit of black makeup under your eyes doesn't make me believe you're dead, I just won't get frightened by something I can see in a crowd in a concert. Dark Water, much like the American release of The Ring, depicts ghosts that fade in and out of reality, act and look like they are indeed dead, and that is what will scare my pants off.

Jennifer Connelly as of late is showing us the many sides of her acting ability. Leading in A Beautiful Mind and now delving in the horror genre. She seems perfect for this role.

Other Jennifer Connelly posters:










7 Comments:

  • I really liked the info on your site about Movie Poster - nice work. I've just started my own Movie Poster Secrets blog and would really appreciate you stopping by

    By Blogger anna, at 10:09 AM  

  • We are trying to find good movie quote to take the kids this weekend. Good movie quote reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:51 PM  

  • We are trying to find good movie rental to take the kids this weekend. Good movie rental reviews are hard to find

    I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

    Thanks

    By Blogger jon, at 7:51 PM  

  • I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 AM  

  • I see that you like posters as much as i do. Come check out my poster site.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 AM  

  • MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home